Advertisement

Advertisement

Advertisement

Presidency keeps mum over Ogbonnaya Onu’s rumored appointment as SGF

0

Get real time updates directly on you device, subscribe now.

The Presidency has refused to confirm the speculation that the immediate past Minister of Science and Technology, Ogbonnaya Onu has been appointed by President Muhammadu Buhari as the Secretary to the Government of the Federation (SGF) for his second four-year tenure which started on May 29, 2019.

Speaking under condition of anonymity, a source very close to the presidency told TheNewsGuru.com, report making the rounds on the internet about Onu’s appointment as SGF is unofficial.

The source distanced himself from the subject while stressing that there is no official statement from the President to back the report.

” I can’t speak on this, because there is no official statement from the President that states such. For now, I will just plead that we wait for the official response of the president to the subject” He said.

Recall that the Ohanaeze Ndigbo Youth Council Worldwide yesterday asked President Muhammadu Buhari to appoint the Secretary to Government of the Federation (SGF) from the south-east.

In a statement, Okechukwu Isiguzoro, president general of the council, said this will enable equity, fairness in the country.

He alleged that the region had been schemed out of the leadership of the country.

The group nominated Ogbonnaya Onu, former minister of science and technology, for the position of the SGF.

“The leadership of Ohanaeze Ndigbo Youth Council Worldwide had watched keenly the manipulated drama and scheme out of the south-east zone from the leadership of national assembly, judiciary and other security apparatus of the country, but rather than lamenting endlessly, We congratulate those who emerged as National assembly leaders,” he said.

“The will of the Almighty God and we the younger generation of Ndigbo accept these realities as an act of fate, and we urge Igbo leaders to shield their battle swords and quietly go into “ime Obi” and re-strategize ahead of time for the battle Royal ahead in 2023.” The group noted.

NNPC FEB 2019 REPORT

Get real time updates directly on you device, subscribe now.

You might also like

Leave A Reply

Your email address will not be published.